Friday, February 24, 2012

being a little creative with a happy ending


Month back we bought a growth Chart for the boys. We decided to go with a plain wooden one with the idea that I'd decorate it myself. Of course it took me forever, in this case forever is 4 months. I did finish it the other day though, voila !!
Now I hope it won't take another 4 months to hang it up.





One of the pens were leaking and I ended up bringing it back to Michaels. I'm always quickly walking through their sales section just because "you never know" where I saw this bargain of 15 luminescent bracelets for $1 ! I don't know how much they usually cost but I knew my Boys would be ecstatic and I was right.

Of course the surprise was only given after they all ate up nice, put on their pajamas and got ready for bed. Their bracelet did the rest of the job and now I'm calling it a very nice day with a happy ending ..

4 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah Myriam - I love your craftiness when it comes to drawing/painting. I'm great when it comes to creative stick figures - but that's about it. :D Love the bracelets - I can only imagine how excited the kids were with him. Your little creature #3 (Mister. S) hand in the dark picture is cute - you can really see how big the bracelet is on his wrist. So cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JazakiLlahu Khair, thank you Serena haha, I'm sure it could've been done even better but I just had fun with it and the Boys were so happy and excited when I showed it to them so: Mission accomplished *smile* Yes my little Monkey's hand hehe, I thought it would be a cute Picture with the 3 Hands, and the one in the Dark actually came out really good.. of course the devastation was just as great as the initial joy when the bracelets went out ..

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks very nice now, remembering when we bought it!Now the boys will grow even faster !
    These exciting bracelets - one reason more to get into bed quickly and switch of the light.
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mami, yes I remember .. and I finally got these wooden pens ... I couldn't find the hand print Animals I initially wanted to make but I thought this would be cute as well. Yes the bracelets definitely helped the going to bed process .. aren't we moms clever !!

      Delete