Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dua's/ Prayers to the World

For a long time now I've brainstormed for ideas on how to accurately teach my boys islamic studies. Yes there are many books out there, resources, we have the internet etc. but my own knowledge is limited and I prefer to take it very slowly, knowing with certainty that whatever goes into these precious memories of my boys is the truth !!
A dear sister in Islam gave me a great idea on how to make dua's with the boys. Insha'Allah by the will of Allah subhanahu wa t'ala we will be able to do it on a daily basis. We sit in a circle after having read some hadith of our dear Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) having the globe in our midst. We then look at the continents and make a short dua (prayer) for each continent. And some specific dua's for the countries that are going through calamities. May Allah (the all High the Most Forgiving) accept our dua's.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice idea. I like it. Keep up the good work..Salams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. insha'Allah, yes I loved the idea when the sister shared it with me, may Allah make us keeping it up.

      Delete
    2. This is a great idea - especially learning to make du'a for others and being concerned for the entire world - instead of always making a du'a for ourselves or those we know!

      Delete
    3. PS. I'd love for you to set up an email RSS feed option that way I can get an email every time you have a new post (I'm terrible about visiting sites every day - and I'm not always on FB so I miss out on stuff there sometimes too).

      Delete
  2. JazakiLlah Khair for your post Serena, I also thought it opens the kid's minds and give them the bigger picture of who else we could pray for.
    About the email RSS feed option.. are you sure it's not on my page? lol I'm like huh what ?! All the way on the bottom of the page, isn't that it? let me know I'd like to set it up in case it's missing.

    ReplyDelete