Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Past 3 Months

It's been such a long time since I last sat down and worked on my blog. I've thought so many times that: I should write about this and that but.. never actually got to type it up. What we've been doing? Night Fury (4) is very eager to learn on a daily basis. He picks things up very quickly and gets bored easily so he's challenging but that's ok, I'll get there, I am trying to have lessons prepared that keep him challenged and hands on, so he gets to enjoy our learing time together... He is doing excellent with reading (we're on lesson 86 in how to teaching your child how to read in 100 easy lessons) and he simultaneously reads #1 library books. His handwriting is also going great, we will be finishing the Zaner Bloser Working book this week. Oh and yes handwriting is one of his favorite subjects !!


L'Drago is doing so so great as well. We have a routine, he's getting more independent and I keep praising him whenever I get the opportunity to do so for he's so competitive and feels like: He couldn't make any mistakes and is so upset if they happen. I'm happy I'm right there by his side, assuring him that it is ok to make these mistake and that it's all good. Around beginning October I felt like I really REALLY needed a break, we pulled through it though (with a much needed 4 day weekend in between) and here we are, still standing strong! still looking forward to the holidays though, haha. I know I could've taken them any time I wanted, I just like sticking to the schedule and that again is me being stubborn.
Dino is still being Dino.. and if he's not scribbling in one of the old schoolbooks he's sitting in the middle of our study table overseeing what everyone is doing and make plenty comments.. One must love it !!

I have made some changes, yet again. A couple of months into  Rightstart Math I suddenly felt like this isn't working and I switched to Saxon Math. So far so good, I like the variety of Saxon Math, while with Rightstart Math there was mostly the Abacus. I have also read a lot about the Charlotte Mason Education and learnt about "Living Books". When I first started homeschooling I was as eclectic as one can be. Now well into our 3rd year I am spending so much time reading about the different learning styles and I'm getting so much out of it, even just a different good way on how to think about teaching on an everyday basis. 


Myriam



2 comments:

  1. if you don't work on your blog, i think you worked on your real life and maked it better :)
    i contiue my english writing practice after long pause. but without readers and comments on my posts writing is so boring :(
    even photos - whiout comments :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, it's very true I have been working mainly on homeschooling the boys. I made some changes here and there and I am spending some precious "Me" time. You know when I write it is nice if someone leaves a comment but I enjoy just the writing part as well. I wish I had a bit more free time to work on my blog when I have ideas of what to write.. anyway there's so much to be thankful for so ..

      Keep your blog up, and keep up the writing !
      Myriam

      Delete